BRINGING OUR GRANDCHILDREN HOME FROM PENNSYLVANIA

A Missionary's Heart

THAT DEPENDS

Thank you for praying for me during my recent hospital stay!
I wrote a little poem about the experience, called:
"That Depends"

I went to a hospital emergency room
while feeling very sick.
The E.R, nurse held up a needle and said
“You’ll feel a little stick.”
I had an I.V. in both arms
tied down so they would not bend.
I said, “Will I be here long?”
and she said, “Well that depends.”

Pneumonia was the diagnosis
so I was admitted to the I.C.U.
The supervising nurse said,
“Do not worry I will take care of you.”
She took away my cell phone
and I could not call my friends.
“When do I get it back I ask?
“She said, “Well that depends.”

She also took away my clothes
along with all my dignity.
I’m too embarrassed to even tell
all that was done to me.
I had oxygen blowing in my nose
and a catheter in the other end.
I said, “What of this is really necessary?”
The nurse said “That depends.”

I was wired to a monitor,
that beeped when my heart sped up.
The nurse came in and said,
“We need a specimen” and handed me a cup.
I tried to be very modest
but I could only just pretend.
She said, “What do you need help with, Honey?”
and I said “Well that depends.”

The food was bland, the medicine strong
in the hospital those six days.
Vitamins, exercise and taking care of yourself,
when you’re younger really pays.
Before I checked out and headed home
I asked the question curiosity lends,
“What do you call those loin cloths I wore?
The nurse said, “That depends”.
(You can see I am beginning to feel better now!) ( ~Dave)