BRINGING OUR GRANDCHILDREN HOME FROM PENNSYLVANIA

A Missionary's Heart

RECENT HEALTH PROBLEMS

This has been a year with several health problems. Sunday while I was preaching in the morning in Starke, Florida a health problem started that required some minor surgery at the VA hospital last evening. I am suppose to stay in bed a couple of days so it gave me time to think and write some things I want to share with you.

When I think of all my friends
I try to leave a good impression.
Hiding all my flaws and faults from you,
with me is an obsession.
I have some personal problems
that are difficult to go through.
These are things that I've kept secret
and never shared with you.
I live with fallen arches
so I often limp a lot
My temperature is never stable
sometimes I’m cold sometimes I’m hot.
I have a bunion growing huge
on my little toe
But I seldom take my shoe off
so it doesn’t often show.
My halitosis often bothers others
I can see that very much.
So I drink a bottle of Listerine
each day with my lunch.
I have another problem
of a personal delicate kind,
When Preparation H was invented
they had me in mind.
As a little child I played
with toads and frogs a lot
It’s hard to even imagine
all the warts I’ve got.
I’m taking water retention pills
because I frequently have to pee.
Now that problem has cleared up
but I’ve got water on my knee.
I’m always finding hair
in all of the wrong places.
It’s on my shirt and in the sink
or on the pillowcases.
Hair keeps growing out my ears
and even out my nose.
And it stopped appearing on my head
where once it use to grow.
I remember being thin and debonair
though handsome I was not.
Now things have changed and I’ve begun
to resemble Buddha quite a lot.
When it comes to eating food I like
it’s through gluttony that I’ve sinned.
I love cooked cabbage and spicy food
but you don’t want to be down wind!
Incontinence can be embarrassing
and a humiliating difficulty.
Medical science came to my rescue,
because Imodium was made for me.
I need some liposuction
for huge wrinkles where I sit.
My chest fell to my stomach
now it sticks out quite a bit.
My eyesight has begun to fail
and I can’t hear as well.
That is just about all I can think of
that I really care to tell.
(You can see I need a lot of prayer)
Dave : )